Wednesday 25 April 2012

Ashleigh who?


I am at 21 year old, living in on the sunshine coast of South Africa.Although my family origins lie in Scottland. Hence the surname, Mackilligan:)  I grew up in the world-famous surf village, Jeffrey's Bay. Home to the best right-hand surf break in the world, as well as the longest (1km).  This town is truly beautiful, and I am proud to call it my home-town. I am blessed to have grown up in Jeffrey's Bay. It allowed me so much freedom as a child. Being able to run around, play on the beach and cycle around the quiet roads are just some of the happy memories I have. Being part of a small community, I met a lot of people and made many friends. I have so much love for the friends I made from Jeffreys Bay. Truly genuine people.


A scetch of world famous surf break, Supertubes, in my hometown Jeffrrey's Bay


 My family is small, just four of us, and they mean the world to me. I am lucky enough to have my grandparents close by as well. And when I say close, I mean in the same street. The other half of my family are in Johannesburg and Scotland. I don't see them much but it’s always super fun when we all get together.

One half of the Fam-damily


When I started university, I had to move to Port Elizabeth. Being a small town girl, this was quite a culture shock, even though the city of Port Elizabeth isn't big, it was still so much different from Jeffreys Bay. I have learnt so much from living in the city, and that includes driving :) I am in my 4th year of my degree in Public Relations and Communication Management at the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University. I love people and challenging myself, creatively and intellectuality, so the art of public relations was the obvious choice. I met the love of my life, my best friend and a group of crazy cool people at university. So NMMU has been good to me in more ways than just academically.

My boyfriend, Brett (left) myself (middle) and my best friend Anemie (left)


Just some of my crazy varsity friends at Graduation.


I am born in June, and am Gemini in star sign.I have two different sides to me, other Gemini's can relate to this. At times I can be reserved, somewhat shy and polite, and take on the role as observer. This depends on the energies I feel from the people around me. The other side of me is wild, the life of the party, the fighter, the tell all to whoever will listen type of person. I like both sides to me, but I l always try and find the balance between the two.

When it comes to my personal style, the following words come to mind: fashion forward, unique, elegant, put together but hippie at the same time...if that makes sense.  I always thought that I would grow up to be that lady that wore high heels every where she went. But coming from a surf town, I can't help but love my flatties like sandals, flip flops and In Step Uggs. I do however think that I clean up well. I can rock a pair of platform heels like you'd never believe. Haha. And I mean, an outfit starts with the shoes. So I think you can tell a lot about a person's personality from their shoes.

My blue suede shoes <3


I am a big believer in love. I am obsessed with fashion. I adore my family and friends. I am inspired by people. I love challenges. I am super determined. I need fun in my life. And I want to share, the things in my life that i feel are worth showing, to you! Whether it be fashion, love, friends, events,or just anything that makes me excited, i want to share it with you. 

I hope you enjoy the stuff I show you, just as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment