Thursday 26 July 2012

Addicted to Denim

Hello fellow fashion slaves:)

I do apologise about the delay on this post. I have just arrived back in sunny South Africa all the way from China. I was very lucky to be given the opportunity to tour China with my university choir. Yes, I am a little song bird. But China not only provided me with a platform to express myself in song, but in fashion as well. Although not as cheap as I was expecting, there was no lack of fashion in China. They are truly on top of their game when it comes to trend setting and timeless style. However, the locals didn't really seem to dress the part despite having all the fashion 'must-haves' right at their front door. I guess that just meant more for me..yay!

So I stumbled upon a few new trends and/or come-back trends...one of which was denim. Yes, you heard correctly, those faded denim shirts your parents used to wear...well...they are making a come-back. Everywhere I went in China, markets were selling denim shirts. So I gave in and bought myself a faded, fitted denim shirt from Zara (I left my heart in that shop)....and I LOVE IT. Denim is so much fun and so versatile. So this post is about my new addiction to denim.

Denim is hot.

Denim 'must-haves'

First off....every girl needs to have a denim shirt! It is the hottest trend at the moment. You can go for a tight, fitted shirt or for the oversized, boyfriend shirt. You can go for a faded denim, a dark wash denim or even an ombre' denim. Have a look at some of these winning denim shirts.

From fitted, to oversized to ombre'....the choice is yours!
(Photos taken from Pinterest.com)


The next must have, is denim shorts. And the more funky the shorts the better. You can go from plain denim, to embellished denim, patterned denim, dyed denim, ripped denim, printed denim...whatever floats your boat! 



Anything goes with denim shorts. The shorter, the better.
(Photo's taken from Pinterest.com)

How to rock denim

So then there is the age old statement, "I like how it looks on you but I don't think I could pull it off." See, that's the thing about denim, anybody can pull it off. There is so much variety and so many different styles when it comes to denim that nobody can actually have an excuse not to wear denim. If you're young, funky with a tiny waist and a toned bum...then you can rock those short-studded denim shorts. If that's not for you, well then there's a million other ways you can rock the denim look...at any age I might add ;) Here's some inspirational pictures from Pinterest.com.

I love this! So simple and easy to put together.
Black leggings, brown boots and a fitted denim top. Timeless!
Denim shirt with white pants is always a winner.
The retro sunnies add that little bit of edgy-ness
I love denim and white together!
Denim and chunky knits = love
How to make a denim shirt-dress
Please, do not be afraid of the denim-on-denim look!! There are no rules!

Denim for him

Please do not forget to about your man. Denim shirts are dying to worn by men. The look is so hot and very much in style. I think the denim trend is actually being pushed more for men than for women at the moment. Everywhere you look in China, you will see denim shirts for men. It's on the runway and it's in the shops. All it takes is a little convincing, right ladies?  *grin*

Hot! Hot! Hot!
(Photos taken from Pinterest.com)

xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment