Sunday 29 July 2012

Sheer Sexiness

Sheer is the new sexy! I just love this trend!! On a recent trip to China, sheer skirts seemed to take over my life. China is at its hottest in July, and it did not disappoint with approximately 38 degrees Celsius / 100 degrees Fahrenheit weather throughout the duration of my Chinese adventures. Sheer skirts and dresses were not only the most "breathable" clothing I could find, but by far the most fashionable. There is something so extremely sexy and mysterious about sheer clothing. When wearing a sheer skirt, or maxi dress, it sends a message of "I have no idea how sexy I am" or "I can be sexy and conservative at the same time." While it shows off your legs, it also covers them....and this is the mysterious factor. It leaves something to the imagination, but definitely gives that 'something' a kick start (if you know what I mean.) It plays games with the admirer's mind. Now you see me...now you don't. Once again, I love this trend...I love the how simple and understated it is, the elegance, softness and femininity.

Sheer sexiness!


The amount of styles using sheer fabrics were plentiful in the Chinese markets.My favourite by far is the sheer skirts and dresses. I found three major styles in sheer skirts and dresses, namely the sheer mullet skirt,  the sheer pleated skirt, and the sheer maxi skirt. These skirts can all be translated into dress forms..and look equally, if not more, gorgeous. Here's some pictures of the skirts (All photos taken from Pinterst.com)


The Sheer Mullet Skirt

The mullet is back! But this time it has been reincarnated as a skirt! And is a lot more prettier! Lol. For those of who have slight memory loss over what a mullet is (and no I am not talking about the fish)....let me refresh your memory. It is the "Business in the front and party at the back" hairstyle of the 80's. The skirt, although in the same style as the popular hair-cut, could be described as the opposite in fashion term. When it comes to the skirt the party is definitely in the front (short, mini skirt, above the knee) and the business/formal look is at the back (long and flowing.) I know the concept sounds a bit far fetched, but there is something very sexy about this skirt...take a look!


Sheer Mullet skirts are perfect for showing off legs.
Floral, feminine prints look gorgeous on
 sheer  skirts.

Mullet skirts can give your look an edge.
Mint green is a favourite colour when it comes to sheer.


 The sheer pleated skirt

Pleats are combined with sheer material to emphasize the femininity of the skirts. Pleats add dimension to the skirt. It makes the skirt a little more elegant and interesting. Bright colours, nude colours and mini length are favourites when it comes to sheer pleated skirts.




Flowing and beautiful pleated skirt.


The Sheer Maxi Skirt

Long and sexy...who thought it would ever work, but it does. I have a few of my own, and I must say I love them. They are perfect for those hot but not so hot days (if you know what I mean) and for those days when your legs are just not as blemish free as you would like. Just have a look at some of the beautiful long skirts I found on-line. 







xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment